Douglas Rushkoff on Fair and Balanced Tuesday, 1/19

Tuesday, June 30th, 9-10 a.m. Pacific (noon-1 pm Eastern) on http://NoLiesRadio.org: NYU professor Douglas Rushkoff, author of the new Life, Inc.., as well as Coercion: Why We Listen to What "They" Say (which I applied to 9/11 truth here, eliciting the compliment "terrific stuff" from Professor Rushkoff, whose take on 9/11 seems to have gone back and forth a bit...) Whatever his current views may be, Douglas Rushkoff has written more good, popular books than any other American professor I've yet heard of. His new Life, Inc.: How the World Became a Corporation is a provocative critique of the corporatocracy from a historical perspective. It includes a chapter deconstructing the central banking currency system, and looks at broader cultural and spiritual issues surrounding corporate culture.

In this show we'll be discussing, among other things, his book Nothing Sacred: The Truth About Judaism. Rushkoff's take on Judaism has been somewhat controversial. As I Muslim I find it appealing (which probably won't help him that much with some of his Jewish readers...) As I wrote to him: "Nothing Sacred has pretty much converted me, to the point that I can't help considering you a co-religionist. Iconoclasm, monotheism, social justice -- Allahu akbar! ; - ) "