Jonathan Revusky on Catalan secessionists – and the rest of the Roger Rabbit mental matrix

Broadcast here November 6th 11 to noon Eastern. All my shows are available at my Patreon page - please subscribe and keep this program going!

Jonathan Revusky, who lives in Catalonia, is not impressed by the Catalan secessionists. He points out that the histrionic propaganda video "Help Catalonia, Save Europe" is almost a carbon copy of "I Am a Ukrainian." So who is funding these folks, and why? What's in it for George Soros? Is the Saker right in saying that "Manipulated Minorities Represent a Major Danger for Democratic States"? Or is Kirkpatrick Sale correct in singing the praises of secessionism? And how about Jim Hogue's attempt to convince Vermont to secede from the USA? Tune in and draw your own conclusions!

We also discuss the larger issues of political deception and manipulated history, citing Orwell's observation:

“I remember saying once to Arthur Koestler, ‘History stopped in 1936’, at which he nodded in immediate understanding. We were both thinking of totalitarianism in general, but more particularly of the Spanish civil war. Early in life I have noticed that no event is ever correctly reported in a newspaper, but in Spain, for the first time, I saw newspaper reports which did not bear any relation to the facts, not even the relationship which is implied in an ordinary lie. I saw great battles reported where there had been no fighting, and complete silence where hundreds of men had been killed. I saw troops who had fought bravely denounced as cowards and traitors, and others who had never seen a shot fired hailed as the heroes of imaginary victories; and I saw newspapers in London retailing these lies and eager intellectuals building emotional superstructures over events that had never happened. I saw, in fact, history being written not in terms of what happened but of what ought to have happened according to various ‘party lines’.”

Labels: , , , ,